Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hard Cash and White Wine

Holding GOOG is easy. Holding CASH is hard. Holding CASH aligns me with shorts and bashers. I don't want to be aligned with shorts and bashers. I don't like them as human beings. But I can't help myself. I want everything that's not GOOG to go down. A lot.

I'm afraid that I will turn into a basher. That I will start posting "SELL THIS BLOATED PIG!!!" on message boards that I don't even care about. And my posts will be filled with special characters like #!?%@!!. And I'll start writing like English is not even my second language.

That's not what I want to do. I want to be one of the gang and be happy when everything goes up, like today. But that's not the way I feel. I feel defeated. I feel out of sync with the universe.

On a day like today, when everything goes up and I'm holding cash, I feel like I'm at a party where everybody is smoking reefer and I'm standing around with a glass of white wine.

1 comment:

Larry Blumen said...

I hear you. Is it OK to dislike bashers?