Monday, November 26, 2007

Fear and Loathing in the Afternoon

I'm going to ignore the unpleasantness of the afternoon, after such a fine morning.

Instead, I'm going to meditate about the Yahoo! Message Boards. I have been jumping in, of late, to hawk my wares, and it has been an experience. They say that, on the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog. On the Yahoo! Message Boards, it's painfully obvious. I include myself among the canines - I have jousted with the best and worst of them. There's nothing wrong with being a dog.

The GOOG Message Board reminds me of the JDSU Board I used to read six years ago, but there's a big difference: GOOG is going up. The GOOG Message Board is a big party. The JDSU Message Board was a wake. As soon as the body was buried, everybody scattered. I looked around for the guy who said, every day, that JDSU was going to 900, but he was gone. Now, all you'll find there are widows with their mite and orphans in the sun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you believe that I am the guy who said JDSU would go to 900?

Larry Blumen said...

No.

Anonymous said...

Would you believe 300?