Friday, October 19, 2007

The Calm After the Storm

Well, everything didn't go nuts the way it did after breaking 300, when it popped 15% in twenty minutes. But that's OK. In fact, that's good. If it had run to 700 overnight, I would have had to sell some, and I don't want to.

Initially, the stock sold off on the rumor that GOOG had laid off all its employees, confirming the bears' suspicions that it's nothing but a machine. But then it rallied on the news that Google was going to change its name to Hooray!

The stock frothed up to 658 something, but has now settled back comfortably at 649.74 at its last observed transit of my screen.

The other good news, today, is that the Dow is down 200 and the S&P is down 20.

At least, I didn't have to eat my beanie. I like that beanie.

No comments: