Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"Most likely, you'll go your way, and I'll go mine"

Just because I asked a friend about her,
Just because I spoke her name somewhere...

Enough about GOOG. Without the dream, it's just another stock. This is no longer a blog about GOOG.

If your interest is confined to GOOG, I understand - you're excused. But if you were hanging around the site because you like to hear me talk, that's your business. I'm fine with it.

Anyway, last night, after hours, I sold the SPY. Then, this morning, I sold the VTI. I remind myself of the Pequod's Second Mate, Stubb, who said, "It's hard to stop killin' when you've been killin' steady." I looked around for something else to buy.

I took a little Goldman, and a little Conoco for the IRA's. Names I saw in Cramer's blog, today. I owned Goldman a couple of years ago and sold it for 147. When it ran, I was a little upset for a while. Now, it didn't bother me at all to give 180 for it.

Maybe, some day, I'll be that way about that other stock I used to own.

No comments: