Thursday, April 10, 2008

If you see St. Annie, please tell her thanks a lot

Did you ever get the feeling that you wanted to go?
And still get the feeling that you wanted to stay?

Last fall, when I went to cash, I thought I would wait until the Klaxon sounded and then traipse back into the market without a bruise. What they don't tell you is, there's not just one Klaxon. There's lots of them and, right now, about half of them are making a fearful noise, while the other half sit mute.

This is stupid. Somebody ought to know what's going to happen and let everybody know. Well, at least, the paying customers. But nobody seems to know. Or everybody does. It's pretty confusing.

Since the beginning of the year, I have bought and sold AEO three times, and I've bought and sold MSFT twice. Just today I sold VTI and SPY. It seems to me that I sold both of them a few weeks ago. When did I buy them back?

I have become completely risk averse. At the same time, I'm continually seized by an uncontrollable urge to buy something. So I buy something, and then I get an uncontrollable urge to sell it. My fingers are all in a knot.

I'm driving myself crazy, even though I'm only down about 6% from my all-time high on 11/5/2007, when GOOG closed at 741. What would I be like if I were down big?

No comments: