Thursday, June 24, 2010

With or Without the Money

GOOG close: $475.10


Damn. Another six weeks of winter.

As a certified Long Distance Runner in GOOG, at times like this, I often say to myself: why should I worry? I won't need the money any time during the next six months.

Which beggars the question: when will I need the money?

I expressed this thought a few posts ago and have been pondering it ever since. Since I retired, we have been living substantially on my secure government pension without having to impair the quality of our deliberately modest life at all.

Over the past 15 years, our net worth has greatly increased, but very little of it has been due to my stock trading prowess. I must do this for fun. I'm lucky. Even when I'm unlucky.

My confidence is that, over time, I won't lose so much of it that, when I need some, it won't be there.


No comments: